2. Information We Collect.
- Other Information. We may collect additional information (collectively, the "Other Information", and together with Personal Data, the "Information"). Such Other Information may include:
a) From You. Additional information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as hobbies, personal interests, household income range, gender, marital status, occupation, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
b) From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Website, including, without limitation:
- IP address, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, sections of the Website visited, etc.;
- Information about a mobile device, including universally unique ID ("UUID"), Platform type and version (e.g., iOS or Android), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information (storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled, and network type (WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G); and
- Activity and usage information occurring via the Website, including search information.
c) From Cookies. Information that we collect using "cookie" technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer's or mobile device's hard drive so that your computer will "remember" information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Website. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser's documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Website may not function properly.
4. How We Use and Share Information. If you provide Personal Data for a certain reason, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem. Also, if you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to Change Machine, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to Change Machine and to monitor your use thereof. We use the Information you provide to deliver you the content and services you have requested, such as by displaying your name and optionally your photo or email address on your Change Machine "profile" page. We may also use your Information to send you e-mails, mailings, surveys or other communications concerning the Clinic and our services and initiatives. You may adjust your email settings through the "My Settings" page on the Website. Additionally, we may use your Information in connection with our internal business purposes such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans, or for any other purpose we deem necessary or desirable to enhance your experience with the Website and related products and services.
We may retain other companies and individuals as our service providers to perform functions on our behalf which assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business, including but not limited to development and maintenance of the Website – for example, data analysis firms, customer support specialists, and web service companies (e.g., Salesforce). Such third parties may collect information about you and your use of the Website through us or on their own, and we may share your Personal Data with such third parties. We require our third party vendors to keep such information confidential and to only use the information as necessary and for the purpose it was provided.
5. Security. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect any Personal Data you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
7. Business Transfers. As we continue to develop and grow, we may sell or liquidate certain of our assets or combine our operations with those of another entity. In such transactions, user information, including Personal Data, generally is one of the transferred business assets. By submitting your Personal Data through the Website you agree that we may transfer your information to such entities in these circumstances.
10. California Residents. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with the Clinic may choose to opt out of our sharing their Personal Data with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please contact us as set forth below.
11. Email Communications. Email communication that you send to us via the email links on the Website may be shared with a customer care representative, employee or the expert that is most likely to be able to address your inquiry. If you provide Personal Data in your email, it will be used only for the purposes of answering your email. From time to time we may send you Website-related emails.
12. Newsletters and Alerts. At various places on the Website you will be given the option to receive recurring event sales newsletters and to set alerts and reminders. You can unsubscribe from newsletters by clicking on the unsubscribe link.